20 March 2007

Making Wishes

Everyone has impossible wishes. The things some big some small that we would change if we were playing God.


1. Peter Allen would still be alive. He along with all those phenomenal talents, particularly those of stage and screen, who died too young before medical science started making it possible to "live with" AIDS. We lost a generation of unbelievable talent and I wish we had them all back.

2. The religions of the world would leave each other alone and in peace. My God, Your God. Who cares? Who has the best invisible friend? All the morals are basically the same and come down to "be good to each other". Why are you killing your fellow man?

3. Everyone could learn to giggle and have a good sense of rhythm. Being "tickled" by life is one of the essentials to a happy life, and it's more fun if you can dance through it.

4. Politicians would actually care more for their constituents than they do for money, power and prestige.

5. Everyone should have at least one "Great Love". However it ends, the memories will carry your through the rest of your life.

6. The population of the world would be 3 billion people smaller tomorrow. Just go "poof" without the ugliness, pain, and anguish that is bound to come in the next 50 years.

7. In addition to the great love. Everyone would have one great "call in the middle of the night when things are rotten and you need a shoulder to cry on" friend. They would last for decades and would always think you are under 30.

8. No child would ever suffer just because the adults were at war.

9. No adults would ever be at war.

10. I would have been a guest at this dinner party

Please add your wishes.

5 comments:

Linda said...

I so wish that I had #5 - I've come close a couple of times but never had the honest-to-goodness real thing. I feel that I have completely lost out on something.

I do have #7 - my bestest best friend that I could call anytime day or night lives way too far away in Central California but I know that she's there for me no matter what and she knows the same about me.

One of the things that I really wish is that there was financial equality all across the board - that everyone could live comfortably without worry about where the money was going to come from to keep the electricity turned on or feed their family or maybe go to the movies once in awhile.

Durward Discussion said...

Linda,

Enjoy your life. Do things you love doing. #5 shows up when you aren't hunting and don't have plans. :-)

Mine didn't happen until I was in my 30s and he passed away only 8 years later. I wouldn't have missed it for anything. It was worth the price.

Linda said...

Thank you for sharing that Jamie, I will keep it in mind when it looks like I'm going to be spending the rest of my life with a snarly cat and dim memories!

Mo and The Purries said...

what a wonderful list.
I agree with all of them!

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

I am lucky enough to have #5 (nearly 33 years already). . I wish all of your list for everyone plus affordable health care and ditto Linda about financial equality. Glad you poseted this.