17 December 2010

5 On Friday - Lost In the 50s Tonight - Do Wop Edition






Another 5 On Friday with Travis rolls around.  Stop by his site for instructions and to sign in for a chance to visit a lot of good music.

Taking a trip on the Way Back machine again.  This time it is to get lost in the 50s.  I just love the Ronnie Milsap song "Lost In The 50s Tonight" which leads off the set, with five Do Wop songs of the era.



Lost In The 50s Tonight - Ronnie Milsap



Earth Angel - The Penguins



In The Still of the Night - The Five Satins



Since I Don't Have You - The Skyliners



Why Do Fools Fall In Love - Frankie Lymon and The Teenagers

4 comments:

Coco said...

Fantastic set - I'm a big fan of this era of music. Something in the earnestness and innocence of expression just gets to me. So I sat here, swaying and singing along. Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

"Since I Don't Have You" is my favorite out of this week's five songs though there are all great - even if I was born in the late 50's and didn't hear them "firsthand"!

Mike Golch said...

it's been a while since I heard these tunes.

Travis Cody said...

I love those old do-wop tunes. And that Ronnie Milsap song is one of my mom's favorites because it reminds her so much of the 50s. Those were her teen years.